Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Holiday Spirit

Last night, Mac and I volunteered at the Ronald McDonald House of Memphis. The RMH is a home away from home for families while their child is being treated at St. Jude. The RMH is our intermediate stay facility for families who will be at St. Jude for two weeks up to three months. Each year they host a "toy shop" for patients to pick out gifts for their parents. Mac and I manned the store! We helped kids pick out and wrap gifts. We had such a great time!

I felt so blessed for Mac to be able to experience the joy and hope that St. Jude provides to families. I am lucky enough to see this on a daily basis...but for him to feel this made my heart happy. Mac was so good with the kids! From the teenage patient in a wheelchair to the little kid that sat in his lap while he watched Sponge Bob, Mac was a pro! Last night truly put me into the holiday spirit. I hope we can volunteer together more often in the future. 

After we left the RMH we made a Kroger run and hit the kitchen when we got home (is this the theme to our week?). Mac's Dad and Kathy are coming over for dinner tonight, so I went ahead and put together the lasagna last night. We are looking forward to hosting them for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment