Monday, December 5, 2011

Deck the Halls

The Priestley's have officially decked the halls for Christmas! I just love our house at Christmas. My favorite thing to do is just sit on the couch and watch the tree blink. I think Mac is starting to get in that spirit as well. Check out the photos of our house as we transitioned to our full holiday mode.

 So, who knew you could return a Christmas tree? Well, I didn't either. Our first Christmas tree just wasn't right. It was split almost in two, wasn't taking any water, and was dropping needles like crazy. After hearing the pure panic in my voice, the lovely Christmas tree place agreed to take it back. More importantly, Mac agreed to wrestle it out of the house, on the car, and back to Cordova to get another tree. I love my husband.

A little duct tape, string, and an old sheet and we were in business! Back on the car it went.
 
 You can see my bookcase and mantle here. The bookcase has been the same for the past few years, but my mantle is all new. I love love love it! I painted the chipboard trees with gold chevron, spray painted the brass candlesticks red, and used the gold mercury glass votives from the wedding. The two gold bells are from my florists' shop in Jackson, TN. We got our stockings at Target, and still need to get our names embroidered on them!

 I really wish I had a video of me putting this garland on the staircase. It was quite an interesting solo project.


Oh yeah, and while I decorated for Christmas I also sanded, primed and painted the wooden hutch that has been in our kitchen. So half of our house looked like this for a few days. However, I could not be happier with the way it turned out. I will do a before and after post on the hutch soon. 



Here are a few photos of the tree. It turned out beautifully! It is a bit taller than last years, but not near as fat...which is just perfect. It is also drinking lots of water and has dropped just a few needles. I know it will last all through Christmas (unlike a certain other tree).
 
Hope you enjoyed the photos of our holiday house! Stay tuned for photos from the Tacky Christmas party we hosted last Saturday! It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment