Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Crest and a Fest

The Mississippi River finally hit its crest last night just shy of 48 feet. My house is still safe and dry. We should get some rain Thursday and Friday, but not enough to cause any damage. The river is supposed to stay high for several more days before it starts to recede. So even though traffic on the Island will continue to be a nightmare, I can at least bring my furniture down and move back into my house. Let the spring cleaning begin!

This week is a very exciting week for Mac and me. It is our favorite event of the year...it's time for BBQ Fest 2011. Due to flooding, BBQ Fest has been moved from its traditional location of Tom Lee Park to Tiger Lane. Mac and I will be taking the shuttle (they named it the "PiggyBack"!!) from downtown to Tiger Lane to enjoy the festivities. I will be sure and post some pictures of us at our favorite festival of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment