Thursday, January 12, 2012

Taco Truck and Chocolate Cake

The events of last night began with an email I got from Williams-Sonoma. This email featured a photo of the most delicious looking chocolate cake I had ever seen. I immediately knew I had to have some chocolate cake! So, I made a plan. I was going to whip up a quick batch of spaghetti for dinner and then dive into the chocolate cake process. I was pumped!

I got home from work and pulled the ground beef I bought on Sunday out of the fridge. IT WAS BROWN. Ew! I have never had beef go bad on me! It was only one day past the 'sell by' date. I called the meat department at Kroger, and the guy said it was "up to me if I cooked it or not". Um....no. He told me I could return it to the store, so that is what I did.

I had recently seen an article in a Memphis food magazine about a delicious Taco Truck that parks on Summer and Perkins. I suggested to Mac that we check it out since we had to return that beef to Kroger anyways, so we did! After searching a little bit, we found the truck! And it was delicious. Our meal was under $10 too. I had a little taco with pork, cilantro and onions and also a quesadilla type thing with pineapple and pork and a spicy sauce. Mac got three things and honestly I was too busy stuffing my face to notice what all he got. However, he was very happy with his choices as well. Look how excited he was!

 So after our taco fest, we ran to Kroger, returned the beef, and headed home to (finally) make that chocolate cake I was dying to have!

Three-ish hours later we had a cake! The whole time I was making it, Mac told me he would not have a piece. Well...that warm chocolate cake with gooey icing must have been calling his name because the one piece I cut quickly disappeared! If you want a moist yummy chocolate cake use this recipe!Now I am craving it again....come on 4:30!





Yes, those are my Christmas dishes and I still have them out. I love them so much, I just don't want to put them up yet. Mac reminds me that it is no longer Christmas every time he gets one from the cabinet.

Maybe (just maybe!) I will think about putting them up this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment