Monday, November 14, 2011

Our Weekend

Mac and I had a great, but very busy weekend! Here is everything we did, accomplished, and checked off our list!

FRIDAY
Mac took me to dinner at Harry's Detour (proposal spot), and we had a delicious dinner! We met up with Whitney afterwards at The Brass Door and enjoyed a few drinks! The most notable thing about the night was that Mac took me to YoLo (my favorite) after dinner...and I didn't get anything! For the first time ever, I just didn't see any yogurt flavors that tickled my fancy. I am hoping this was a one time event!

SATURDAY
Mac and I both got up early on Saturday morning. He had to work and I attended the ADPi Run for Ronald 5K. I am the Philanthropy Advisor for the ADPi chapter at Memphis and it has been so much fun to see this event grow. This year's event was well-attended and I can't wait to see how much money these women raised for the RMH!

When I got home, I was a woman on a mission. I cleaned, washed and organized all afternoon! I was tired of the house being a mess. Hopefully we can keep it nice for more than a few days! While I was improving the inside of the house, Mac, his Dad, and nephew almost finished up our new fence outside the house. Mac and his Dad have been working on building us a fence for a few weeks now. It is almost done and it looks great! I can't wait to see it stained. 

They finished up just in time for us to order some pizza, sit on the couch and watch a great UT football game. Poor Vols.

SUNDAY
Mac and I met his brother and sister-in-law at Bellevue for early church on Sunday morning. We then met his mom and stepdad at Soul Fish in Germantown for lunch. YUM! What a great Sunday afternoon treat! I love Soul Fish, and hadn't been there in a while. After lunch we got started on our loooong list of to-dos. We went to Target, Eddie Bauer, Starbucks, Macy's, Dillard's, Home Depot, and Kroger. We made it home around 5:30 p.m. Whew! We were pooped...but we accomplished everything on our list and even got a little Christmas shopping done along the way!

We put up all of our goods and enjoyed some left over pizza. Mac worked on his grad school admission essays and I might have started putting up some seasonal decor...maybe just a little bit of garland! We also worked on the invitations to our Tacky Christmas Party. They are going to be awesomely tacky.

So, whew! That was our weekend in a nutshell. Looking forward to a great week! Mac and I have several reservations at our favorite restaurants for Downtown Dining Week. There will definitley be some posts about our tasty meals. I am headed to LA at the end of the week, and then we have another weekend planned at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment