Tuesday, November 22, 2011

End of DTDW

Happy Thanksgiving week! We have started it off in Memphis with LOTS of rain. Yesterday and today have been pretty gross. Mac and I had a great weekend...so let me go back to Friday and tell you about our last Downtown Dining Week restaurant.

After work on Friday, Mac wasn't so sure he wanted to go eat dinner. The quote was, "I think I am just tired of eating three course meals." I don't know how that is possible. haha! We went to Lowe's right after work to pick up some stain for our new fence. I also picked up a poinsettia in the process. We headed back downtown to enjoy our delicious meal. Our reservations weren't until 8 p.m., but we got to the restaurant around 7 p.m. and they went ahead and seated us. Our last DTDW experience was at one of the newer restaurants downtown, Bleu. It is located inside of the Westin hotel. It. was. delicious. I snapped photos throughout the meal (to Mac's dismay)...but it was just delicious. 

After dinner, Mac and I went to Beale and listened to music for a little bit. It was a really fun night!
 We were ready for our yummy meal!
So ready, that I forgot to take a photo of our first course, oops!
Mac had pork pot stickers and I had a zucchini soup. The soup was awesome, but I was not prepared for the spice! My mouth was on fire!

 My entree was a delicious piece of chicken with a seasonal veggie hash.

 Mac had catfish, veggies, and rice cooked in a paper packet.

 This was heaven. I had smores in a skilled for dessert. It was just the best thing ever.

 Mac had an apple pie tart thing...I was too busy with my own personal smore to pay much attention to his dessert.

 As you can see, we were both pretty pleased with our desserts as well as the whole meal.

Definitely give Bleu a try if you are downtown. The Westin is located right across from the FedEx Forum, so it would be a great place to grab a pre-concert or pre-game meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment