Tuesday, November 13, 2012

DDW - Chez Philippe

This was our favorite night of DDW! Chez Philippe is a tiny restaurant inside the Peabody Hotel. Mac and I love to grab a drink in the lobby every now and then, so to eat at the restaurant was a very special treat.

I started out with the arugula salad with poached pears and Mac started with the French onion soup. Mac made the right decision.


 Butter ducks are my favorite thing in the whole world!





Next course, I had a delicious beef short ribs with carrots, potatoes and onions. Mac had the salmon. I made the right decision this go-round.




The only dessert option was creme brulee. And it was amazing. It was a huge portion and we also got a pistachio macaroon. Delish. Please pardon my half eaten dessert photo. I got excited!

Chez Philippe really outdid themselves. After dessert we were brought two more tiny little desserts: a chocolate pecan pie tart and a raspberry tart. AND on the way out we were handed a pumpkin cream cheese muffin all wrapped up and adorable! The icing on the already delicious cake was that we had free valet parking. 

Mac and I literally waddled to the car. DDW success!

No comments:

Post a Comment