Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Crafting and Decor

Happy Holidays! Hold on to your hats...this is going to be a big post! I have lots of photos to share. I started my Christmas crafting back in October, and I am pretty happy with the way everything turned out.

 This crafting project consisted of tying a million (well, it felt like a million) strips of fabric onto a strand of lights. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.




 I have seen these prints online. From blogs to Pinterest...they are everywhere. The actual canvases are around $200, so I decided to give it a try myself. I kept the gold one and gave the red one to Mom. I just painted the canvas and then used a paint pen to write the words. "O Holy Night" is one of my all time favorite Christmas carols. I am very happy with the final product!

 Here is a (rather dark) photo of our tree. We think it is around eight feet tall. I added the red "P" as part of the topper this year. I thought about glittering it, but once it was spray painted red, I was happy with it!

 This is probably my favorite of all my holiday crafts. I just traced a reindeer on my canvas, then put down glue and glitter in sections. I let it sit 24 hours and then shook off the excess. I hit it with a little hair spray to set the glitter. I also made one where I painted the canvas gold first, but I gave that one to Mom without snapping a photo. Oops. 

Below are some additional photos of our Christmas decor. Hope you enjoy!





 Tacky Christmas photos and Marathon recap coming next!

No comments:

Post a Comment