Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tis the Season

It is true. I have officially started my Christmas shopping. Now before you think I am crazy and no longer want to be my friend, let me plead my case. 

For the past few years, I have been quite busy during this time of year (planning a wedding, grad school, etc) and have had to put off my Christmas shopping until the last minute. This makes for a very hectic November/December when the last thing I want to do is shop. I HATE going to the mall in the month of December. It is a mad house. I truly dislike running all over town trying to find the perfect gift, when I really want to be sitting at home eating gingerbread and looking at my Christmas tree. 

With my early shopping strategy, I am able to compare items and also find the best deals possible. I can watch for coupons and keep my eye out for seasonal specials. I have the luxury of time!

Also, does anyone else find it impossible to find that perfect gift when you are looking for it? I have much better luck if I just happen upon things along the way. So this year, I am embracing early Christmas shopping. I have already made my Google doc with everyone listed and ideas for each person. I hope to have all my shopping done (except for those great Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals) by Thanksgiving so I can truly embrace the holiday season.

So it is official! Today kicked off my holiday shopping season. Merry merry!


No comments:

Post a Comment