Monday, April 11, 2011

Save the Date

Most wedding etiquette states that the Save the Date cards are to be sent about six months out from the wedding. Well, that would be April 1 for us! I think the concept of a Save the Date card is such a great idea. I love receiving them and sticking them on my fridge. Always to be reminded of the upcoming (and sometimes past!) festivities.

I feel that the card you receive in the mail should set the tone for your wedding...so I have been trying to figure out what kind of tone I want to set. I felt like I had many decisions to make about this one tiny, little piece of my wedding. Did I want a photo? Or no photo? Did I want it to be a postcard? What about a magnet? Should I go for something totally out of the box? Or stick with something traditional? Decisions, decisions...it is the name of the wedding game.

After spending countless hours searching on the Internet, thumbing through wedding magazines, and researching vendors, I finally made one decision. I wanted Mrs. Post Stationery to design my Save the Dates.


Mrs. Post is a fabulous little store in Memphis that designs custom invitations and has adorable gifts and stationery in the store. I have been lucky enough to work with Lindsey, and bless her, she has been very patient with me. I am so very happy with the final product. They will be mailed out in a few weeks or so...this whole MBA thing is getting in the way of my wedding fun.
Mac has been great at helping with the Save the Dates he is my #1 magnet affixer, stamper, and licker. He has been awesome. So, be checking your mailbox! Save the Dates will be mailed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment