Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"It's like Santa's workshop..."

I can't believe that it is already time to send out our wedding invitations. I have been working very closely with my wonderful stationery store, Mrs. Post, for many months, so it is a little bit odd to actually hold the invitations in my hand. I am in love with them. Seeing our names in print makes this wedding seem so close! I cannot wait. 

If you know my schedule, you know that the end of July is one of the busiest times at work for me. There is no way I could haven gotten these invitations in the mail without the help of my Mom. In order to be budget-friendly we decided to "diy" much of our invitations. We inserted the envelope liners, inked the edges of the invitation, folded the gate fold, tied the ribbons, and I did all of the lettering. Whew! It is a serious process. 

Today, my friend, and bridesmaid, Whitney, came over and helped us knock out a ton of invitations. I also recruited Mac to come over after work to see what he could do. Mom and I started working on them at 10 a.m. and closed shop around 8 p.m.  It definitely felt like Santa's workshop, just not quite as fun. Haha.

I stopped during the process and snapped a few of the photos below. I don't know if my kitchen table will ever see daylight again. We hope to get the invites in the mail in about a week, so hopefully you will have yours soon.

 The aforementioned kitchen table/craft station.

 Mac and Trina LOVE assembling invitations!

 Sorry, Whit! I had to prove you helped!

Trina instructs Mac on the fine art of bow making.

No comments:

Post a Comment